Sunday

week 13

conclusion

I have learnt allot over the past 13 weeks not only about indigenous art but also some of the history of our country that i was not awarer of prior to these studies. before starting this study i had a very superficial understanding of indigenous art thinking that there were only a few different styles, but my research has shown me the great diversity of art. Even when comparing the works from the different art centres you can see a pattern of distinct styles emerge but when you look at a range of work from a particular art centre the work is varied and this is one of the most interesting aspects of my studies. Where the artist comes from and what they are painting are the very important determining factors in the works aesthetic qualities in most cases. The studies i have undertaken have given me a greater understanding and appreciation for indigenous art.


No comments:

Post a Comment